Are you looking for healthy and delicious recipes to help you keep those New Year’s resolutions? Never fear, Peggy, Stitely‘s chef in residence, has a quick and tasty recipe for kale and avocado salad.
- 2 lbs chopped kale (make sure thick stem is removed and discarded)
- ½ lb red onion, diced
- ½ lb red bell pepper, diced
- 3 avocado
- 3 oz lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tomato, chopped
Instructions (Approximately 4 servings)
- Mash the avocado pulp with the lemon juice, salt and pepper until well-combined and smooth. Alternatively, you can process together in a food processor.
- Combine the avocado lemon mixture with the vegetables. It is actually easiest to use your hands to ensure that the kale is well-coated with the avocado dressing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings. If you prefer a creamier texture, use more avocado.